I am so happy and proud to announce that I was nominated by North Country Nest for the Liebster Award – an award that is given from one new blogger to another. North Country Nest is an awesome blog following Brett and Kelly’s adventures with her home renovations. You can also check them out on Instagram and Facebook!
I am so glad that I was given this honor! This award means that someone else is recognizing the potential of my blog, which has truly become a passion project for me! And duh…awards are amazing! They make you feel awesome!
In order to be nominated, a blog must be less than two years old and have less than 1,000 followers. Dirt, Drool, and Pink Carnations was really only started about a week ago and I am so blessed to already have 6 followers! So side note be sure to click the follow button below if you want to get notifications when I publish a new post. You can also follow me on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
The person who nominates you for the award asks you questions and then you nominate 4-11 people and ask them questions that they must answer in their responding post.
What motivated you to start a blog?
I really felt like I needed an outlet. I have so many interest and I have so many things to say and always feel the need to talk to people about different topics so a blog seemed like the perfect thing to do.
If you could jump ship and pick a new blogging niche, what would it be?
I would do a beauty blog. I’m really a beginner when it comes to doing hair and makeup but I finding that I’m actually really interested in it so my blog would be basically documentation as I discover new techniques and products and get better at applying makeup and doing new hairstyles. I may actually still add some of that to my blog but it won’t be the main aspect.
If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
This is such a hard question!! There are so many places that I want to go and see. I think if I had to chose one place I would go to Dromore, County Down, Northern Ireland. I have been able to track my family back to this town and county for generations before they immigrated to the United States and I would love to walk the streets that my ancestors did. I think that would be dream come true.
Describe your ideal weekend.
My ideal weekend varies. I would love to spend a small amount of time cleaning up my home. Then spending time on an adventure with my boys and my husband. Definitely watch some Netflix. And do an activity as a family (playdoh, painting, etc). Then a great dinner and some cocktails.
What is one area of your blog that you are most proud of?
The content!! I know that I’ve only posted a few times but I think that the topics that I post about are important or appealing to the vast majority of women, mothers, and people in general. It’s not just a food blog or a parenting blog or a decor blog. I also talk and will continue to talk about different issues and topics that can affect our mental health and mental health awareness.
What is one area of your blog that you would like to work on?
I’d like to work on the layout, advertising, etc.
This time next year, where do you see yourself and your blog?
I’m hoping to have made at least a small success of blog. I want to have consistently kept up with it and be making a small income with it.
Who in the blogging world do you most look up to?
I’m not sure. I’m really really new to the blogging world so I don’t know really anyone.
Favorite book you’ve read in the last year?
I am big into Audible on my way to work since I have a long commute and I NEVER get to read at home or I’m reading Psychology/Counseling books for work and school. I’ve read a handful of books so far but my favorite is one I’m in the middle of The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins.
When you’re not blogging, what consumes your life?
I’m in the middle of my Practicum and in classes to complete my Master’s degree to become a Marriage and Family Therapist. And I have two toddler boys (3 and 2). So there is a lot that consumes my life.
Rules for the Liebster Award
- Thank the blog that nominated you on a post and in your blog.
- Answer the questions asked by the blog that nominated you.
- Nominate 3-11 other new bloggers.
- Create 10 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Notify all nominees via social media.
Our Nominees for the Liebster Award
- For more on food and parenthood, visit Mama’s Happy Place. Social media: Facebook // Instagram
- For business tips and how to grow your brand and audience, check out Resonate Creations. Social media: Facebook // Resonate Creations
- For more on recipes, parenthood, and travel, check out She Rocks the Suburbs. Social media: Facebook // Instagram
Our Questions for the Nominees
- What benefits will readers get from your blog?
- What is the last TV show or movie that you watched?
- What is the favorite book that you’ve read in the last year?
- If you could go anywhere where would go?
- What is your favorite type of pampering?
- How would your friends describe you?
- What is one area of your blog that you are most proud of?
- What is one area of your blog that you would like to work on?
- If you had use of a web designer for a day, what improvement would you have done to your blog?
- What is one of your favorite memories from childhood?